Monday, December 03, 2007

One of those mornings...

Overall, it was a good day, but on my way to work this morning I had a realization...

After I had already eaten my breakfast (an apple and a granola bar), after I had already stopped for some cheap wannabe coffee (no Starbucks this morning), and after I had already made it more than halfway down the road on my morning commute I realized that I had just done something for the first time in my life! I woke up, got ready, and left the house for work an hour earlier than I needed for absolutely no reason. I don't know what I was thinking! I even set my clock wrong when I went to bed last night. I didn't think twice this morning when I rolled out of bed. And I certainly didn't think anything about it when I walked out the door.

I was a little perturbed at myself. I could have had another hour of sleep! But what was I going to do now? I couldn't turn back around and go home, I couldn't stop at some cool diner for breakfast I had already eaten. So I did the next best thing, I drove around listening to a couple sermon podcasts. It's not a bad way to spend an extra hour in the morning but I don't think I'll be making a habit of it since my mental lapse required me to wake up at 5:30 this morning...

needless to say, I'm off to bed...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should have called me, i am up at 5:30 every morning, and out of the house by 6:30. Fun times.