Saturday, February 09, 2008

Trip update...

Well after a 13.5 hour drive on Wednesday I made it to Denver safely. Thursday looked pretty bad at the mountain so I decided to wait until Friday for my first day. When I woke up on Friday I checked the road conditions and I-70 was shut down due to poor road conditions and 70-80 mph winds. Needless to say Friday was out of the question. Knowing that it was the weekend, we decided to wake up early (5 am) and beat the traffic. Success! The snow conditions were some of the best I've had in a few years. (8-10 inches of fresh powder!) I took my last two runs with Lanny and Ethan. I was very impressed how well Ethan did. He's not quite 5 years old and he was like a little rocket down the mountain. He went all the way from the top of the mountain to the bottom without stopping. Look for him at the end of this short little video in a full out tuck.

No comments: